For those who’re a self-published creator, likelihood is you may offer your books on the market on Amazon.com. Whether or not or not you at present have an account, there are some things it is best to find out about navigating Amazon’s Kindle platform most successfully as a broadcast creator, significantly in the event you select to make use of a number of pen names.
Nevertheless, earlier than we dive into the meat of the matter, let’s go over why and while you would need to use a pen title, how utilizing one impacts your publishing accounts, methods to strategy social media and different necessary issues for utilizing a pen title.
Why and when to make use of a pen title?
A “pen title” or pseudonym, is an assumed title that many writers select to make use of as an alternative of their actual title. However why would anybody, particularly you, need to try this?
There are a gamut of causes that many authors give for why they use a pen title sooner or later of their profession. Nevertheless, among the most typical are:
- To safeguard their actual id.
- To not be restricted by utilizing their actual title.
- To differentiate between the totally different sorts of books they write.
These are all glorious causes to resolve on a pen title after which use it to arrange your creator account.
How does utilizing a pen title have an effect on your publishing accounts?
When you make the choice to make use of a pen title as an alternative of your precise title, there are a couple of restrictions you may must take care of as a writer on Amazon’s platform.
- You’ll be able to’t use your Plantable pens title to create verified opinions.
- You’ll be able to’t remark or use the dialogue boards with the pen title.
- You’re restricted to utilizing a single title in Amazon dialogue teams.
It is because Amazon has strict guidelines that solely enable accounts with verified fee strategies to finish sure actions. This leaves you very restricted in sure respects in the event you use a number of pen names.
How do you have to take care of social media when utilizing a pen title?
It’s one factor to make use of your pen title to arrange an creator account and on the duvet of your e book, however how do you utilize it for different areas of e book publishing and promotion, equivalent to with social media?
- Fb – You’ll be able to solely arrange one foremost Fb web page utilizing your actual title. Nevertheless, you possibly can arrange single pages to advertise your books utilizing every considered one of your pen names.
- Twitter – It is easy to arrange a number of Twitter accounts for every of your pen names so you possibly can maintain your e book promotions separate.
- Goodreads – This platform solely permits one foremost profile for every creator, so if you wish to promote utilizing totally different pen names, you may must arrange a number of particular person accounts utilizing totally different emails.
Learn how to Set Up Your Writer Web page with a Pen Title
Listed here are the steps it is best to take to arrange your Amazon Writer Web page with a pen title.
To be able to arrange your Writer Web page you need to have already got a foremost Amazon account and not less than one e book already listed and obtainable for buy on Amazon.com.
For those who do not have already got a foremost Amazon account, choose the sign-in possibility that claims “No, I’m a brand new buyer” and observe the directions to arrange a brand new account.
For those who do not have already got a e book listed on Amazon, use the Kindle Direct Publishing web page to add your first e book.
After you have your Amazon account created and your e book uploaded, use the next steps to arrange your account along with your pen title.